Saturday, August 4, 2012

SIERRA NEVADA - FAKE

I have a passion for the outdoors as well as outdoor shows but when Bear Grylls (Man vs Wild) was called a fake I did not want to believe it. But as I looked into it further, the evidence showed there was not much that was real. 

While the show itself was staged, I will give him credit for eating snakes and bugs. Neither of which I would want to do. My evidence started with a local post about the video below. The episode was shot in the Sierra Nevada mountain range a place I have hiked and fished many times. It was a post in the comments section that got me looking into the so-called scam. I have posted it below.



Youtube.com poster stated...
I'm a local to the area and have camped at those lakes literally dozens of times in the last 20 years & can tell you this is fake. They don't actually show him splashing, but they pan past leafy green trees (2:21) which don't exist at that upper lake (smallest lake). He then pretends to head "west", away from the "Nevada desert" but clearly heads EAST over the top of the mountain, then is magically 1 hr DRIVE away (5% up the Shuteye lookout trail). There's more but don't have room to write.


If you would like further proof that Grylls is an entertainer click here and not a Born Survivor.




Edward Michael "BearGrylls (born 7 June 1974) is an English adventurer, writer and television presenter. He is best known for his television series Man vs. Wild, known as Born Survivor in the United Kingdom. In July 2009, Grylls was appointed the youngest ever Chief Scout at the age of 35. For the first time in his career, "Man vs. Wild" star Bear Grylls has failed to survive ... at the Discovery Channel -- because the network just fired him.




I still like to watch the show as I have learned a thing or two.

1 comment:

  1. "Man vs. Wild" star Bear Grylls has failed to survive ... at the Discovery Channel -- because the network just fired him. - Cheap joke.

    No show lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what's on your mind....