Sunday, October 7, 2012

YUBA RIVER STEELHEAD FISHING 2012 - FIRST


I had the opportunity to share a passion of steelhead fishing with two boys today.

The three of us headed out to the Yuba river in hopes of a hook up and if you have ever fished for the ocean run rainbow trout you know a hook up does not happen all that often. I knew our chances were somewhere between slim and none, but I took them anyway. 



One of the boys did have a first though, which was seeing a live salmon in the river. They are here and it is are a lot of fun to just sit on the bank and watch. So if you or your child have not seen spawning salmon and you would like to have or provide a first then email me.

We did see a few small steelhead that were on the hunt for salmon eggs, but no one got a hook up.

It was a great day never the less. Anytime I have a chance to share a first with a fellow fisherman and especially a child it is a good day.

Thank you for going boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what's on your mind....