Monday, December 31, 2012

KENDALL REFLECTIONS - FATHER AND SON

My Kendall Arnett reflections for 2013 are ....

Isaiah Pineiro of Placer, Justin Beskeen of Bear River and Will Buell and Matt Larson of Colfax are very good Foothill basketball players who will be fun to watch as the Pioneer Valley League season rolls along.

The real high point of my 6th consecutive Holiday basketball tournament is spending it with my son. We began attending the Kendall when he was 7 years old. We both look forward to sitting on the hard wood planks within the Earl Crabbe Gymnasium for three consecutive days at half court opposite the benches so we can see everything.

The most entertaining coach in the tournament is from Del Campo (his team has won the past two years). He is what we call a screamer. He is always in the game either yelling at is players or ridding a referee about a call that was made or not made. He is as aggressive as his defenders.

The one player who my son and I have enjoyed watching play for the past 3 years is a 5-foot-7 point guard from San Juan, Lincoln Gallegos. He is quick, has great ball handling skills and can shoot the 3. He comes to play every game and makes those around him better. Hats off to him.

My son asked me on the way home from the 2012 championship game, "Dad who will you go to the games with if I'm playing in the tournament?" I will go with you son, I may not be sitting next to you during the games but I will always be with you, I replied.

This is a special father and son time for us. I may not remember who won or lost but I will remember the special time we have shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what's on your mind....