Friday, July 20, 2012

YUBA RIVER FLY FISHING REPORT 7/20/12


A friend, Kevin and I met in the parking lot at Grass Valley Yoga on Friday at 4 a.m. with high expectation of catching trout, even though the rivers are low and warm.

Kevin hooked five landing four while I hooked and landed one. All Rainbow to 14 inches also Kevin's. I like when I take someone to a spot I have selected and they out fish me. Nice going friend!

We got to the river's edge well prior to dawn. I tied on a streamer and he used a Copper John. Obviously my self-tied articulated glob of feathers and fur was not a good call.

The fish I did get was on a dry fly (moth pattern) during the hatch which took place around noon.

The water conditions were far from ideal but the moon was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what's on your mind....