Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DAD

My father recently came for a visit,  he saw three baseball games, fished twice, played disk golf, played golf with my son and I, had dinner with our friends, swam in the Yuba river at Bridgeport, watched the MLB home-run derby and built a drip watering system with my wife. While we were very busy during his ten day stay, we did have a chance to catch up on old times. Which is always nice.


Now as a father myself, the bond that he and I share, also ties my son to me. While I know my son is to young to realize how important our relationship is, hopefully one day he will feel the same way about me as I do my father.

I miss my father often. We don't have a chance to see each other as much as I would like, but the one thing I do realize is my father misses me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what's on your mind....