Saturday, August 4, 2012

FIAS BISTRO ALTA SIERRA REVIEW


FIAs which is located on Alta Sierra Drive at Highway 49 was enjoyable and would encourage Nevada county residents to give it a try. It is a family run establishment, which is noticeable. The hostess which sat us at our seat looked to be the owners daughter who could have been no more than 10. She was well versed in her job and she was courteous.

We began the meal with a Caesar salad which was very good. The greens were fresh and crisp, the dressing was creamy and flavorful and it was topped with real anchovies, which I asked for a few extra. The highlight of the meal was the Italian Spring rolls. I was unaware Italians had spring rolls. This is a must order.


For our main course, I had the Pork and Beans while my wife had the Gnocchi. The pork was three pan seared blocks of ham placed a top various types of beans with a mixture of greens, red and orange vegetables. It was a displayed very well and the portion was a nice size and I would order it again. The Gnocchi pasta was creamy and flavorful but the pasta itself was inconstantly cooked. My wife said she liked it but would try something else next time.

The FIAs does not offer beer or wine so we stopped at the Alta Sierra Wine shop prior to.

I would recommend the restaurant. 8 of 10 stars.

1 comment:

  1. We have been to Fias twice and are returning tonight. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what's on your mind....