Saturday, August 18, 2012

BUYING A $100,000 HOUSE IN NEVADA CITY WITH BAD CREDIT



I was posed this question - I am looking for a home for $100.000 or less in Nevada City, I have 20% to put down but my credit is hammered from a recent divorce, can I still buy?


A persons credit score in a tight market is the second most important hurdle to clear when thinking about a purchase. The first is cash, if you have all cash then their is no need for a solid credit score. So if you are hammered as bad as you implied, then you will want to deposit the 20% down payment into an interest bearing account at a local bank and then borrow against it. Pay back the borrowed money over a 6 month term and this will move your credit score, resulting in an improved rating. If you do this a few times you should be in great shape.

As to you finding a house in Nevada City for 100k, best of luck. But if you are willing to look in the N. San Juan area, you have a good chance. The services are not as plentiful in this area but you will get snow and a home for the price you have indicated.

Scott Hopper - Realtor, 530-477-2277

"If you enjoy reading my blog, please keep me in mind when you or a friend needs a real estate professional"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what's on your mind....