The 2012 Nevada County Fair is a must for local residents as well as guests from other areas. A day at the fair can financially set you back a bit so the Nevada County Fair Board of Directors has shared a few ways which you can save money on this year experience.
The Fair runs from August 8th through the 12th. Click here for the schedule of events. Click here for Nevada County Fair's official website.
SAVE MONEY - 2012 NEVADA COUNTY FAIR:
Save money before the Fair:Take advantage of our advance sale offers and discounts. Advance sale offers valid June 1 until Tuesday, August 7, at 5 pm. Order tickets by stopping by the Fair Office on McCourtney Road, by purchasing them online, or by calling the Fair Office at (530) 273-6217.
- Donate blood on July 30 and receive a free admission ticket to the Fair. The Nevada County Fairgrounds and BloodSource are teaming up for a community blood drive. Make a blood donation on Monday, July 30, from 1 – 6 pm at one of the BloodSource bloodmobiles located in the main parking lot at the Nevada County Fairgrounds, and receive a free admission ticket to any day of the Fair...[more]
- "Be A Kid Again" Advance Sale Admission Ticket: Only $4
Good for Thursday, August 9 only and must be purchased before Tuesday, August 7 at 5 pm
- 5-Day Fair Pass: Only $30. Allows unlimited gate entry for all 5 days.
- Event Parking Pass: Only $25. Allows unlimited parking entry for all 5 days.
- Advance Special Admission Ticket: $6 per admission.
- Carnival Ride Bracelets: Advance sale "Pay One Price" Carnival Bracelet: $23. Good any one day.
- Carnival Ride Coupons: Advance sale Ride Coupon Booklets: 30 coupons for $20
- Arena Events: Purchase tickets now to one of the nightly arena events*
* Please note that admission to the Fair is not included with an arena event purchase.
- Become a Nevada County Fairgrounds Foundation member and receive tickets to the Nevada County Fair. Simply pick your favorite package, and proceed to check out.
Save money during the Fair:
- Free Shuttle Bus and Parking: A free shuttle is available from Nevada Union High School (39.24011, -121.0570) [map] to and from the Fairgrounds. Park your car for free at the high school, hop on the shuttle, and enjoy your day at the Fair. A free shuttle bus runs every half-hour from Nevada Union High School to the Fairgrounds. Shuttle service begins at 8:30 am. The last bus leaves the Fairgrounds at 11:30 pm.
- Take the Gold Country Stage and save on parking.
- Save $2 Coupon: Use this coupon to get $2 off general admission on tickets purchased on Thursday, August 9.
- Donate 3 Cans of Food on Sunday – Save $3: On Sunday only, bring three cans of food to the Fairgrounds and receive $3 off an adult admission ticket. All food collected will be donated to the Food Bank of Nevada County.
- Sunday Worship Service: Pay only $6. Attend the Sunday worship service at the Fair from 9-10am and pay only $6 for Fair admission.
- Participate in the Nevada County Library’s Summer Reading Program and receive two free carnival rides. The Nevada County Fair is partnering with the Nevada County libraries for its Summer Reading Program. Through this program, children will be reading books and creating a project that will be on display at the Fair. Additionally, children who complete the program will receive two free carnival rides at this year’s Fair. Details can be found here.
WAYS TO ATTEND THE FAIR FREE!
- Scholar Students Day: Wednesday, August 8—Free admission for Honor Roll students—by invitation only (from the Superintendent of Schools).
- Kids Day: Thursday, August 9, 10 am—5pm. Children 12 and under admitted free.
- Day for People with Disabilities: Friday, August 10, 10 am—5 pm. Disabled patrons and a guest admitted for free.
- Salute to Our Armed Forces Day: Saturday, August 13. All active and retired military who show ID are admitted for free.
- Support our youth in agriculture! Be a buyer at the Ag Mechanics Auction on Friday, August 10; or at the Junior Livestock Auction on Sunday, August 12, and receive free admission.
- Be a volunteer at the Nevada County Fair.
- Show off your cooking skills in one of the special food contests and receive free admission.
- Donate Blood: Make a blood donation on Monday, July 30, from 1 – 6 pm at the BloodSource bloodmobile located in the main parking lot at the Nevada County Fairgrounds, and receive a free admission ticket to any day of the Fair.
- Join us on Facebook at "Nevada County Fairgrounds" or follow us on Twitter at "FunAtTheFair" and watch for giveaways for free tickets.
The Smith Family of Nevada City has been named the 2012 Family of the Year by the Nevada County Fair’s Board of Directors. The Board chose the Smith Family because of their ongoing participation in the Nevada County Fair and their commitment to youth in agriculture.