Friday, September 14, 2012

BEAR RIVER BASKETBALL'S THREE TIME SECTION CHAMPION LANDS ON THE HARDWOOD

Bear River lost one of their own to rival Colfax.

A Bear River graduate, three time section basketball player as well as 2011 Junior Varsity Lady Bruin basketball coach lands on her feet and more.

Lara Wicks who played in the post for Bear River High school during a time that many refer to as "back in the day, you know when Wicks and Ramirez played."

Wicks who was a very successful coach at Magnolia Intermediate, where she won multiple championships and later moved to her Alma-Mater Bear River where she led her team to much success. She jump the River to Colfax High where she will be the assistant coach to Dave Campbell for the girls Varsity basketball team.

"I'm so happy to come to the program during a time where I can learn the ropes and coach with him (Campbell) without being thrown to the fire," Wicks said.

My daughter played for coach Lara and I'm a huge fan. I wish you the best of luck and will see you in the gym sometime. I'm proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what's on your mind....