Wednesday, January 16, 2013

FLY TYING CLASS - REEL ANGLERS - GRASS VALLEY

On Monday night my son who is 11 and I attended a fly tying class which happens every week at Reel Anglers Fly Shop in Grass Valley California. The owner, Tom Page was not only welcoming he also gave up his chair as there were a few more people who share a passion for tying than he expected.


My son was the youngest student of the night but there were also two high school students as well as some women who could have been grandmothers. The age range was wide but the conversation closed the generation gap. The vocabulary revolved around nymphs and streamers. Page also sat at the vice and wowed us with his Pheasant Tail nymph on a size 12 hook which looked great.


My son is new to the hobby and I have tied a few flies but nothing very complicated or for that matter that looked very good so we sat in looking for help. Help is exactly what we found. The entire group was helpful and shared materials.

If you have wanted to tie then head to Reel Anglers on Monday nights from 6 to 8 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what's on your mind....