Monday, October 1, 2012

THE UNION'S SOFTBALL TEAM - CHAMPIONS


The Union made its way through the Grass Valley Men's C Division softball playoff without dropping a game, earning the boys the title of champion.

The local newspaper's team is a custom to covering Nevada County happenings but this time they made the news as the defeated the top seeded Hills Flat team 15-11 in seven innings of play on Monday night under the lights of Litton Field.



During the regular season they played in the C-2 division and they did not drop a game where Hills Flat finished atop of the C-1 division. The Union did play Hills Flat two times in the post season tournament, dropping them both times.

I have not played in a championship game in more than a few decades and at my age who knows if I will have this opportunity again so this night will be a fond memory for many years to come. Thank you to the guys who gave me the opportunity to play and relive my childhood for possibly the last time. As we stood together at home plate for our championship team photo with our finger in the air, my hamstrings were definitely tightening but I felt nothing but glee.

Thank you guys, I hope we can play in the dirt together in the near future regardless of the games outcome. We worked together towards a common goal and we achieved success. That was great team work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what's on your mind....