Thursday, May 31, 2012

TRUCKEE AND YUBA RIVER FISHING GEAR LIST

I have fished the North Yuba river many times as well as many of the Truckee river's water sheds and recently I failed to take all the necessary equipment. Now I have a list, so I will not forget something, again. When you make a two hour drive to a trail head followed by a 4 mile hike to the river as I did, you don't want to forget something that could blow the entire day. As I have.

Here is my list and I now check things off as I load the gear into the car.

Fishing License and regulations
Rod and Reel
Fly box with the special flies
Back up line
Sunglasses
GPS unit
Weight/split shot
Fly fishing vest
Hemostat
Tippet
Floatant
Strike indicator
Sunscreen
Bug repellent
Hat
Food
Water
Pliers
Back up reel with line
Jacket
Cellular phone
Fire

If you feel I missed something please let me know as I don't want to find out when I'm at the river's edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what's on your mind....